Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why so rude?

People have both bad side and good side, we all know that. But to say a person is good or a person is bad.. I think it's not determined by what they have inside their heart. So I think it's not quite right if someone said "You're such a nice person!" Because they aren't; what's nice is their action, not the person literally. So I conclude that, people are bad or good--rude or nice--based on their action. Whether it's sincere or not.

Kinda confusing right? Let me get you some example.

"I hate you because you're annoying but I smiled and greeted you like everybody else because I'm nice." is still what I called a good person.

I don't agree with people who says that these kinds of quality are hypocritical, because it's not. It shows that they don't let their personal opinion affect on how they treat other people. It shows that they're fully aware about their feelings and thoughts and they can control it so people don't need to be bothered by it. It turns to be hypocritical when this person said: "No, I'm being nice because I like you." when they don't. And to be honest, I think most people (or most people I have come across.. or some sort) are nice because they think that it's just natural to do so. That it's an obligation, bound by morals and norms; or maybe because that it's what their parents or bosses told them to.

At the same time, there are people who don't hold grudge or anger toward other people but still annoy them to death and there are people who love a person really bad, but treat them like a trash. Despite their feelings, they are what I called a bad people.

See? Being good or bad is not a matter of heart. That's why you also can't expect nice people to be pure and innocent, and you can't judge a rude people as despicable and immoral. This is a false assumption. Nice people can be rotten inside as much as a rude person can have gold for a heart.

And it leads to this: being a good or bad person is entirely your choice. You can't control what you're feeling or what you're thinking, but an action is something that mostly done with full conciousness, so you CAN be good. You can be nice. In fact, being nice is easy! What's hard is knowing what leads you to act nice; because anybody can be nice when they want to, but not all of them for a good reason. Of course, it applies too if you chose to be bad.

Still.

We can be nice! Why don't we?




Devil Orange: You should tell Cucumber his mother's a pickle!
Orange: (laughs) Good idea, Devil Orange!
Angel Orange: Oh, no, Orange, you can't tell him that!
Orange: I can't?
Angel Orange: No! You should ask Cucumber..."Why the long face?"
— The Annoying Orange, Cruel as a Cucumber

2 comments:

klaravirencia said...

four thumbs up! (please do count my feet's as well)

chop said...

Aye thank you!! *clapping with both hands and feet