Saturday, December 4, 2010

Love

I don't know what love means. But I'm pretty sure I've experienced it. And not once, not twice, not thrice. A lot. I don't know why people give a lot of damn about this love thing--yet, maybe-- but whatever the reason, they don't have too. What's the difference between one love to another? Nothing, I guess. Do people really have to get married if they love each other? I thought marriage is just a way to have a legal relationship that both government and religion accepted. A way to have a legal sex, a way to make a family. Which is actually, something you can have with everyone as long as they're an opposite gender. And of course I loved to have a family with a person I love. Which is many, but I don't have to marry them all, right? Only one lucky person. Or unlucky. Or something.

I believe that love is something that can grow, love is not something that came out of nowhere. Love itself never has a thing with sex, with kisses, with hugs or anything. It's just a physical needs, you can do it with anyone--that's why there are people out there selling their bodies to make money. When you want to protect someone, you care about someone more than anyone else, is it really love? Maybe it is. But maybe it's just the same with your so-called other love towards anyone else (like father, mother, grandpa, friends, presidents whatever) but with more intensity, more thoughts, more emotion or something. But still.. the same love. Like, you can dress a barbie with any clothes or anything, but whatever she wears she's still a barbie... right? Bad analogy, I know. Love is not that shallow. I know. I don't know what love means. But I'm sure I've experienced it.

"NO, you're wrong. It's not the same. That's not love LOVE you're talking about. You haven't experienced real love."

Maybe. But people, if it's not love, what could it be? Enlighten me. Tell me I'm wrong.

Because really.

Everyone deserves love. Do we really have to pick one person we have to love LOVE, when everyone deserves it?





Lin: What's going on?
Kamajii: Something you wouldn't recognize. It's called "love".
— Spirited Away

No comments: