Sunday, March 9, 2014

Home and Good Food

Hi guys!

I went home for a few days last week.

Facing different things and different environment and different people--I don't think it's a big deal, I never had much thought about it nor it bugs me to have things around me changed, I'm too ignorant to notice the said differences, I think. But in the midst of it all I slowly notice that understand myself a little bit better.

Wanting to go back home and wanting to spend time with your family and other beloved for me is like wanting to have good food--or particular food that pops up in your head at random times. It's not that I'm homesick or that I'm super uncomfortable being in such foreign environment--I just want to go home. I just want to hang out with my friends. Just like at those times when for some reason you just want a juicy steak for lunch or having a carrot juice after a long run.

And it doesn't mean that other stuffs aren't as good--they're good too! Creamy pasta and hot green tea latte taste heavenly too, but sometimes you just want THAT steak and carrot juice. Just like watching girl idols are fun but sometimes you just want to spend your time in the karaoke with your sister.

They are tasty stuffs that feed your particular crave or hunger. And while the food satisfies your belly's, those times together with your beloved satisfy your soul's. (Or heart's. I can't differ which)

(But when I'm home I get to eat tasty foods and hang out my family and friends so I guess I satisfy both. I like the thought that I'm filling my soul with warmth and fixing my nutrition at the same time.)



Oh yeah! And it was unexpectedly fun because I didn't plan on anything but I get to meet my college friends, some of my high school friends, some of my junior high school friends, and even some of my primary school friends by accident (we met on the train)! It's just when I meet them I realize I miss their presence a little bit more than I thought I do.

Other unexpected stuff: I got sick. Nothing big, just cold. It's convenient because I think that's the first time I catch a cold after this semester starts. At least back in my home I have a nice fluffy bed to sleep on.

No comments: