Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'm Happy Enough


People want to be happy. Yes?

I am sure this thing called happiness is something that can’t be measured and varied for each person. For example: I am happy because… say, I have an owl. You may as well have an owl, but it doesn’t mean that you’ll be happy as I am. Right? Maybe for you, having an owl is not a big deal. Maybe for you, having an owl is boring. Or maybe for you, having an owl is one of best things in your life. Hmm.. this example thing is kinda hard. To put it more simple, let’s say… I have a private jet, I’m happy. You don’t have a private jet. You’re happy too. Because although this private jet is my source of happiness, not having a private jet doesn’t make you less happy than you are now.

Not just an owl or private jet. There's so many things that you can be happy about. Like, a dog, a perfect husband, cute babies, a warm house, money, a good job, loyal friends, a trip to a zoo, a nice photograph of a crush, money, glossy car, a thrilling affair, healthy kidneys, considerate in-laws, a lovely piece of cheesecake, and… did I mention money? Yeah, that too.

So why bother being envious towards others? Why bother being jealous? People can be happy over one or two things we don’t even need, why should we pursue it?

Sometimes, you already have those things you need to be happy. You’re just too busy looking around, looking for what you didn’t have and starting to imitate other people’s version of happiness when you have your own.






It's silly to tell that a person can't be happy because they don't have enough stuff. You can be happy anytime. If you want to be happy, don't wait; be happy now.


"People who want happy endings have to write their own."
— Paine, Final Fantasy X-2

No comments: