Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Feeling Artsy

Hello guys! Just so you know, I'm not tired just yet of having a holiday. Classes are due in two weeks and I wish it was longer than that. And it was started sometime in early weeks of January, too; ...and I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing or why am I mentioning that in the first place.

It's not like that I have a lot of things in mind for a holiday, mind you. I do absolutely almost nothing besides things people consider unproductive. Or at least that's what I think. And yet, I don't want this holiday to end. I suppose my laziness has came to reach this particular level where I don't wanna go to school for maybe for ever. Or class, now that I'm in college.

Not for.. ever, but hey, forever is a pretty long time, and I don't wanna go to school*cough* class for a pretty long time (as I put it), so I thought forever'll make it short. I guess not, seeing how I explain it just now.

But! It's been a long time since I draw something (since I don't use books anymore, means my 'doodling in the back of the book in class' is pretty much nonexistent) so now that I still got plenty of time being lazy, I should, right? And I did! But I think my drawing skills (if I had any) is getting dull. And dull-er.

I sort of aced the class (a runner up! I guess) in drawing a lot of things in a big paper with blunt pencil, back when I was in drawing class, which is a year ago; and I realized what's my forte in drawing. My drawing is not really pretty, or anatomically correct; it's rough and the outlines are hard and every time I'm done my hands are dirty because of the pencil. But I drew it fast. Back in my class I was the fastest, that's why I could come up with a lot of objects to put in my paper, that's why my paper was full and 'black' and... back then it mattered a lot.

But for someone who draws, I don't have any particular style or ways of drawing. I'd say I'm well-rounded (not just in drawing. In a lot of things as well) but that means there's nothing stands out in my drawing (or any other thing). The idea was so-so, lines are not perfect, gestures, expression, its complexity or simplicity, nothing stands out very much. Just.. well. That. I don't think one could differ my original drawing with others because, well, it's not that original.

But that won't stop me from drawing, of course! I might not devoted all my time in drawing or some sort, but hey, maybe someday I'll get a hold of it! And maybe someday I can draw something or some idea that is only mine, and people will know so!

For now, I'll just settle with trying and experimenting ways of drawing or something. The idea'll catch up! Eventually, I hope.



Speaking of drawing, I drew something this morning! A typical.. uh. Anime-styled drawing, since I haven't draw much of it for some time. Drawing people's faces and the state of a crowded sidewalk is.. not really my thing. Maybe some other time!

But for now, I'm not going to post it as a whole picture! Hahaha. Maybe next time! Now I present to you, a window of a soul!


Photobucket


Nah, not really.

2 comments:

klaravirencia said...

This is..... beautiful, Ran. I can't keep my eyes off it for awhile...
The usage of pattern reminds me of animated TV series "Chowder" in CN, by the way :P

chop said...

D''''': THANK YOU! I am beyond flattered! Now that you mentioned that, (and now that I went to see a pict of it) it is alike! :D Chowder, I meant.