Tuesday, March 8, 2011

So 'Now' is not real?


You know how many people out there think how life gets harder as you got older, how tiring, how complicated life is? How you can't be happy forever? And says that those who don't agree with that statement was those who haven't experienced 'real life'? Haven't seen the 'real world'?

I assume that people say this because those temporary goodness you had once when you're young won't be there anymore after you reach a particular age (or some sort) and you shall experience things... you've never experience before (like duh) and most of those things were unpleasant--or most of people thought it was--and they say that in order to warned us, young people, to be.. I don't know... prepared? Not letting our hopes up, so when the time comes we already knew that it's bound to happen. And for that matter, I also assume that if my previous assumption were right, then what they meant by "real life" is the time when you'll face those things I've mentioned in my previous statement (things that most likely will be unpleasant that you've never experienced).

So what's my problem?

It's just.. I'm tired of people saying how happiness won't last. You know what, they're right. Happiness won't last. Innocence won't last. Everything nice won't last. Because there is nothing in this earth lasts forever. So does sadness. So does guilt. So does everything wicked. They won't last. Nothing would.

So why so mad about the loss of childish goodness, when you know that this loss will be replaced by a whole new level of goodness if you try hard enough to survive and look pass the so-called-unpleasant experiences? They always point out the loss in this 'real' thing. They don't mention the gain that we'll get after we've gone through it. Okay, I'm probably being naive. It's not as easy as it said. But still, you know sadness won't last as much as happiness won't last, so why stuck with those awful things when we can just get rid of it? Why assume 'happy endings are non-existent' just because this is real? We can have our happy endings too you know. It's just not always right now and not always ever after. Like everything does.



So.. yeah. Mmm I don't even remember what I'm trying to say in the first place, but whatever happens to me now... they're pretty real.

They won't last forever. But they still real, I guess.

No comments: